In the spring of 2011 Morris Library at Southern Illinois University held a month long series of collaborative and educational events titled Woodblock Woodstock that celebrated Book Arts Technology and the Evolution of the Printing Press. This series of events included;
- a talk and exhibition in the Morris Library Special Collections Research Center
- a student art exhibit by the SIUC School of Art & Design printmakers held in the Morris Library Rotunda Art Space
- a historical talk about printmaking from SIUC Assistant Professor of Printmaking & two current graduate students in Printmaking held in the Morris Library Guyon Auditorium
- a lecture and viewing of a travelling print collection by Joseph Velasquez founder of Drive By Press in the Morris Library basement
- outdoor mobile printing event put on by the Drive By Press on the front porch of Morris Library
This poster will address the ideas of interdisciplinary research, collaboration, and the role the library can play in education as a creative and inspiring learning space.