Policies for Online Journal for Workforce Education and Development
All articles are reviewed by at least two members of the Editorial Board. The Editor and the Editorial Board reserve the right to suggest changes and corrections and to decide the final acceptance and publication schedule of accepted manuscripts.
Authors are completely responsible for the factual accuracy of their contributions and neither the Editorial Board of the Online Journal for Workforce Education and Development nor Southern Illinois University accepts any responsibility for the assertions and opinions of contributors. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to quote lengthy excerpts from previously published articles.
Material appearing in the Journal may be distributed freely by electronic or any other means, providing that any such distribution is without charge (unless for purposes of cost recovery by interlibrary loan services) and that the Journal is acknowledged as the source. However, no article may be reprinted in any publication without the explicit written permission of the author(s).
Authors or owners of copyright will retain copyright in the published articles. Submission to the Journal implies limited consent which allows the University to distribute their work provided no charge is made and provided the authors/owners and Journal are given credit. The authors/owners retain the copyright to any reprinting in any other publication.
- Submissions of manuscripts can be made by using the "Submit" link on the journal's home page.
- Authors' names, titles, affiliations, with complete mailing addresses, including e-mail, telephone and facsimile numbers should be entered in the online submission forms only, and not in the document itself, in order to ensure anonymity in reviewing.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 6,000 words, excluding abstract, tables, figures, notes and references.
- You will be asked to enter an abstract of between 75 and 150 words as part of the submission process.
Typescript should conform to the following:
- Microsoft Word document: Required: MS Word version 98, 2000, or XP
- Times New Roman font, 12 point
- Title of paper (Capitals, bold, centered), top of page
- Sub-headings (left aligned, bold)
- Single space entire manuscript
- Left justified with text-wrapped right text
- Margins: top and bottom 1"; right and left 1.25"; gutter 0"; header and footer 0.5"
Figures and tables
All figures and tables should be integrated into the Microsoft Word document.
- References should follow the guidelines provided by the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.)
- All references cited should appear in the reference list. Those not cited should not appear in the reference list, unless noted to the Managing Editor.